Faith, Hope, Believe

With this last pregnancy I found out I was pregnant on April 14th, 2010
My devotion that day was awesome.
It was this;
                                                                       ~~~~
And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him [ for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy and His matchless, unbroken companionship]! Isaiah 30:18
 What a wonderful promise. God is earnestly looking for someone to be good to-- but there is one requirement. You must be expecting, looking, and longing for God's goodness.
  Hebrews 6:19 says hope is the anchor of the soul. Hope is the force that keeps you steady in a time of trial. Don't ever stop hoping. Things may not always turn out the way you want them to, but even in disappointing times there is still reason to hope. Expect a miracle in your life. Expect good things!
                                                                        ~~~~
I find it ironic yet awesome that this was the devotion that I read the day I discovered my pregnancy. And that as I read it today a month and a half later it speaks so loudly to me.

With my FAITH I have HOPE, and with both of those I BELIEVE! As I look at the picture above, pregnant with my son who is now 18 months. It brings back so many memories. 3 years of trying to become pregnant, and within that 3 years suffering my first miscarriage at 8 weeks pregnant. But through that journey of pain, doubting and growing I kept my hopes high and the outcome was that belly you see up there! I am not going to loose my hope. I know that our God is faithful. I BELIEVE that he as amazing things in store for me. I know he does for all of us. It may not be through a pregnancy right now. But I am learning that everyday brings many blessings and miracles. How has the Lord been good to you today? Something you may have never noticed, something you have forgotten or taken for granted? Share your discovery here, or write it down in a book.

I hope that you are able to find Faith, Hope and the power to BELIEVE through the above Devotion. It came from Joyce Meyer's book Starting and Ending your day right.

Comments

Alisia K said…
beautiful post.
{hugs}
xx

Popular Posts